We have two educational vendors ready for you to shop from:
1. CDW-G <--Click here for the online store
CDW-G is a national technology company and we have two models for you to choose from on this site. Orders here will ship directly to your house.
- The Acer 11 inch Spin that has 4GB of RAM, 32GB hard drive, touchscreen, stylus, and it flips to tablet mode. This is fully built for the schools with stronger corners, keyboard, and screen ($397)
- The Dell 11 inch model with 4GB of RAM and 16GB hard drive. This is a great starter Chromebook ($227.76)
2. INTELL-TECH (See password below)<--Click here for the online store
Intelli-Tech has been providing technology education solutions for more than two decades in Southern California. As a Gold Partner with Hewlett Packard (HP), we have two models for you to choose from on this site. The password is HPChromebook. Orders from this site will ship directly to the school district and you will be alerted to pick up times. And we will be able to help set up the Chromebook.
HP G6 11” Chromebook designed for the education space (co-molded rubber contact points, a strengthened corner design, durable 180° hinge, spill and pick resistant keyboard). This model comes with 4GB of RAM and a 16GB hard drive.
- HP x360 11” Chromebook designed for the education space (ultrathin design with Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3, co-molded industrial rubber, and a keyboard that resists picks and minor spills). This device comes with 8GB of RAM and a 32GB hard drive. This model flips like a tablet and is a touchscreen. Package C includes a 1-Year standard manufacturer’s warranty.
Warranty and Insurance Options
Both sites feature extended warranty options that cover hardware failure. Intell-tech, however, has accidental damage options that cover damage defined as operational or mechanical failure caused by an accident from handling which occurs in the course of the normal intended use. Coverage includes non-intentional liquid spills in or on the unit, accidental drops or falls of the unit from not more than 15 feet, and electrical surges that damage the Chromebook’s circuitry. A cracked screen is also covered one time during the course of the Care Pack.
We have a new insurance provider as an option. The cost is reasonable and covers all types of damage, both accidental and mechanical. Read more here:
You don't need the warranty and insurance.
- 4GB or 8GB of RAM (You'll see many with 2GB, we HIGHLY recommend 4GB. Our team has tested both and the 2gb models can become sluggish with multiple tabs open. 8GB is newer to the market and also an option).
- 16 or 32 GB hard drive (Your choice here, again not at critical as the RAM)
- 11" or 13" screen (This is a preference, but all of the district Chromebooks are 11". Check the weight on the ones you are considering. The district Chromebooks are under or near 3 pounds)
Borrowing a device is another option for some families who choose not to participate or who are financially unable to participate. The Chromebook is treated like a textbook and checked out for the school year. It will be the responsibility of the student and family to care for the device just as they would for other school property.