Zoom allows you to keep one video/participant as the focus by pinning that video so it will be on screen the entire time (until unpinned).
For a computer:
1. Move the mouse pointer onto the small/thumbnail video window you want to pin/be the screen focus (usually the teacher).
2. Click on the three dots in the upper right of the window to open the menu.
3. Select "Pin Video" from the menu.
4. When you are done select the "Unpin Video" icon on the video window to go back to normal Speaker View.
Notes: The video you want to pin needs to be turned on by the user in order for the "Pin Video" option to appear in the menu. Also, pinning a video keeps you in Speaker View. If you switch to Gallery View , the pinned window isn't the focus (because it is showing everyone at once due to Gallery View) but you can switch back to Speaker View to see the pinned video again.
For a Chromebook:
1. Move your mouse pointer onto the small/thumbnail video window you want to pin/be the screen focus (usually the teacher).
2. Click on the thumbtack icon (on upper left of the small video window) to Pin Video.
3. Click on the green thumbtack icon to Unpin Video
Please sign in to leave a comment.