Network Equipment (When you think your internet or wifi is down, do this)
- Unplug cable from cable receiver for 60 seconds
- Unplug modem power for 60 seconds
Computer/Laptop/Device (When you have a signal, but not a good connection)
- Start school by restarting your computer/Chromebook (control+shift+qq)
- Disable any non-school related Chrome extensions and close unneeded tabs
- Run speedtest.net and check download/upload speeds
- Try this at various spots in your house to test wifi strength
- Also try with network load and without
- Use speaker view instead of gallery view in Zoom or Meet
- Try disabling your video in Zoom or Meet (if it’s okay with your teacher)
- Use the dial in feature on Zoom or Meet to connect your audio
- Try plugging into ethernet directly to the router and see if problems are resolved
- Try using a different device if you have one available
- (In Google Meet) Go into Settings, then Video, and lower the quality of the sending and receiving video.
- Connect to your router's 5GHz network (if possible) for less interference and congestion
Also to Consider
- See if you get different connection speeds in various parts of the house. You may not have a strong wifi signal.
- Report any loss of Internet to your provider (link for Spectrum)
- If your router is over a year old, contact Spectrum and they will send you a replacement
- Fill out the survey http://bit.ly/lcspectrum to give LCUSD and Spectrum updated information on internet issues.