Follow the steps below to add the US International keyboard to your Chromebook. The US international keyboard allows you to use international (accented) characters. (If you already have the International keyboard added, skip to step 8)
1. Click on the Time at the bottom right of your Chrome OS desktop to bring up the Quick Settings Panel.
2. Click on the Settings icon (the cog near the top right of the Quick Settings Panel).
3. On the left panel, click on Advanced and then Languages and inputs.
4. Under "Languages and inputs," click on Inputs and keyboards.
5. Under "Input methods," click on Add input methods.
6. Check the box next to "English (US) with International keyboard", then click on Add.
"English (US) with International keyboard" should now appear under "Input methods"
7. Change your Keyboard language to US International.
At any time, press CRTL + Shift + Space on your keyboard to cycle between added Input Methods (keyboard languages). You will see the input method in the lower right-hand corner of your Desktop cycle between US and US International (shown as IN/INT/INTL).
8. Add an accent mark using US International keyboard.
With your input method set to US International keyboard (IN/INT/INTL), follow the combinations below to add the desired accent mark to a letter.
|Acute (´)||' then select a letter --- (ex. é)|
|Grave (`)||` then select a letter --- (ex. à)|
|Tilde (~)||Shift + ` then select a letter --- (ex. ã)|
|Circumflex (^)||Shift + 6 then select a letter --- (ex. â)|
|Umlaut/diaeresis (¨)||Shift + ' then select a letter --- (ex. ä)|
|Cedilla (¸)||Shift + AltGr(Alt key on the right side of the keyboard) + 5 then select letter --- (ex. ç)|
9. Change your keyboard back to US when you are finished to prevent typing issues.
Article is closed for comments.